Vegan, gluten-free and so incredibly delicious! These brownies are so divine – made without refined sugar and full of good fats to help your skin glow! Serve with some fresh berries for a perfectly balanced treat or my ayurvedic hot chocolate if you’re a chocolate fiend like me. Just try to stop at one!
Peanut Brittle Brownies
Makes: 15 slices
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + 8 tbsp water
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- For peanut brittle: 3 tbsp maple syrup and 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Place chia seeds and water in a bowl and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with hot water, leave to soften for 10 minutes then drain and discard water.
- Combine the peanuts and maple syrup in a bowl then spread over a lined baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and bubbling. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- In a food processor, add the soaked dates, chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil. Blend until it forms a smooth, thick paste.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Shatter the peanut brittle and mix half of the peanuts into the batter.
- Spoon the raw brownie mixture into a lined brownie tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked. Leave in tin until cool, slice and top with remaining peanut brittle.