The Jewish holiday of Pesach means NO ‘Chametz’ – this includes leavened bread or anything else made with wheat, barley oats, spelt or rye for 8 days. This is to commemorate the liberation of the Israelites from Egyptian slavery.
Tough to not enjoy all those foods?
Not so tough for my fellow gluten free friends!
By now we have learnt how to live a healthy and delicious life without the above.
However! Sometimes we all need a little inspiration
Here are some of my favourite Pesach friendly foods/alternatives:
My Top 10 Picks:
- Cauliflower rice
- Shaved Brussel Spouts and Caramelised Onion Salad
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Mash
- Tamari Brussels Sprouts
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Flaxseed Crackers
- My Veggie Loaf
- Quinoa Tabouli
- Miso Eggplant
- Mixed Bean, Hazelnut and Goats Cheese Salad
- Deliciously Ellas Home made Easter Eggs filled with Cashew Vanilla Butter (recipe being posted today I believe – keep a look out!)
- @ahealthyliv’s Raw Vegan Salted Caramel Slice
- Banana Bread Pancakes
- Chia Pudding
- Raw Chocolate
- My Decadent Choc Slice
- My Goji and Walnut Brownie Balls
- My Choc Almond Dream Moose
- My Raw Nutella
- My Gluten Free Choc and Walnut Brownies
Happy holidays everyone!