So excited to share another beautiful recipe from the incredible foodie Taline Gabriel. This is her divine Baked Sweet Potato filled with antioxidant-rich spinach, good-for-you-fat tahini and chickpeas, which are a fantastic vegan protein source. It’s also dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Try this tonight for an easy and affordable weeknight dins!
Baked Sweet Potato with Spinach, Chickpeas and Lemon Tahini Drizzle
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Sauteed Spinach and Chickpeas
- 2 bunches english spinach, chopped (1inch thickness)
- 1-2 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (80g) cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Lemon Tahini Drizzle
- 1/2 cup (110g) tahini
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice extracted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Combine 1 tbsp coconut oil with thyme leaves and salt, and massage over sweet potato halves.
- Place on a oven tray lined with baking paper and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse spinach thoroughly. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and add chopped spinach allowing to boil for 2-3 minutes or until leaves are just tender.
- Drain spinach and with a firm squeeze, remove the water from spinach. You can use your hands or a tea towel to drain the water.
- Heat oil in fry pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Add garlic, stirring. Fold through chopped spinach. Add chickpeas and stir till warmed. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and remove from heat.
- To make the Tahini drizzle, place tahini and water in a bowl and mix vigorously with a fork. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt and paprika and mix well.
- When sweet potato is ready, remove from oven and arrange on a serving board.
- Scoop sautéed spinach mix over sweet potato. Drizzle with lemon tahini dressing. Serve immediately with a side of lemon.
For more info about Taline and her amazing recipe app, visit http://hippielane.com.au/.