Just as I believe our bodies flourish with optimal nutrition, the same is true for our skin. It makes sense, really – the skin is our largest organ, and what we put into it will be reflected there!
I thrive on whole, real foods that are as unprocessed as possible, and so does my skin. When I’m using simple, all-natural ingredients, my skin thanks me – I glow from the inside out. And while I have a blast creating my own beauty products in my kitchen, the reality is that I don’t always have time to make my own exfoliant or deep moisture masque. Now that I’m in the clinic with clients on a regular basis, I rely on products I can trust to take good care of my skin. I have finally found a product that I truly love and wanting to share with the world.
As I’ve always said, I only share products with you that I use and love. Today, I want to share a few products from Burt’s Bees that utilise some of my favorite kitchen ingredients. #JSHealthforBurtsBees #WorldofBurt
1. LEMON. I sip it in warm water every morning to aid in digestion, but lemon is also believed to add shine to hair and nails. It also balances oil in the skin and with its fresh, citrusy scent, revives and rejuvenates. That’s why I love to keep a jar of Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on my desk at the clinic.
2. POMEGRANATE. Antioxidants in pomegranate boost our immunity, which is why I love to add the seeds to my morning brekkie – especially chia pudding! Did you realize pomegranates’ antioxidant properties help protect your skin from damaging free radicals too? Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil takes good care of my delicate lips. I keep a tube in my bag and in my desk at the clinic to stay soft and smooth.
3. COCONUT. Truly a miracle oil – I use coconut for all high-heat cooking, and it’s my go-to for baking. I love using it on my skin, too, and Burt’s Bees makes it the main ingredient in their Coconut Foot Cream and the Intense Hydration Treatment Mask. When my skin is extra dry, I like to slather it on, slip on a pair of socks, and cozy up with a cup of tea to give my feet an extra treat.
4. ALMONDS. My favorite nut! Whether eaten as a snack, sprinkled on chia pudding, or ground up into nut butter, almonds are tiny nutritional powerhouses. And when the oil is used on the skin, it’s known to soften and recondition. I absolutely love the sweet scent of almond oil used in Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream. I keep a jar beside my bed to ensure sweet dreams. Truly decadent!
5. HONEY. I love to bake, and one of my favorite challenges is to create treats without the use of processed sweeteners. Honey is the perfect all-natural solution, and it’s equally sweet in skincare. People have been using it for centuries because it softens and provides a mighty dose of vitamins and amino acids. Not surprisingly, Burt’s Bees uses it in some of my favorite products – Milk and Honey Body Lotion, Honey Lip Balm and Honey & Shea Butter Body Butter, to name a few! I keep these on hand when traveling to keep my skin feeling smooth, supple and healthy.
I just came home from work and applied this delicious Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask. It is the perfect example of feeding your skin with whole foods. It contains coconut oil, sunflower seed wax and citrus fruit peel. My skin is truly glowing.
Hi Jessica, I believe in synchronicity so when I was guided to you .on FB I was intrigued and inspired. I turned 46 last week and my husband bought me your book. I wanted to thank you for sharing your wisdom in such a beautifully presented way. My copy is now filled with tabs and post it notes with actual notes throughout. I am dairy intolerant since having my gallbladder removed 15+ years ago, I don't eat meat, very minimal gluten and was told 12 months ago my gut was not digesting my food properly so I wasn't receiving sufficient nutrients and taking supplements would be a waste of time. My weight fluctuates tending to gain rather than lose but now I believe I have a tool to help me bring my body back into balance that I need for my health and longevity of life - so again thank you. The first few steps to creating a stronger path forward for my health has found its foundation in your beautiful book, The Healthy Life.
With kindest regards Samantha
I'm writing this email because I wanted to tell you how much I love your blog and how you really helped me in my health journey. Thank you for sharing all your advices and experiences.
When I started my studies, I was drinking lots of coffee and I was eaten the wrong foods, and feel bad about it, I wasn't at my best. So I had done some research on the net but at first I didn't found advices that are for me, and then I found your blog. It was exactly what I was looking for, good advices and healthy recipes. Now I'm following your advices on rest more, and snacks between meals and prep the meals and take time for myself to reconnect with my body and let go my anxiety, etc, and I have a more balanced life and have a new relationship with food thanks to you.
I bought your book and it's honestly the best book I have ever bought. I suffer from IBS and anxiety. I have paid so much money seeing naturopaths however after reading your book and all of your tips I'm noticing so much of a difference, so simple and easy to follow. And symptoms have dramatically decreased. Also you have helped me to relax. Currently drinking the protein health smoothie! Thankyou your amazing.
Hey Jessica! I haven’t yet brought ‘The Healthy Life’, but I do have the clean life and your slim down plan! I would like to thank you so much for the knowledge your share and the message you put across about health and wellness. I’m studying Nutritional Medicine in Melbourne and absolutely love the philosophy that you share with your JSHealth community. The work you’ve done to show people that leading a healthy lifestyle isn’t boring, tasteless, difficult or depriving is amazing and hope to share the message myself one day. You’ve inspired me to start my own blog , to share the message and have taught me so many things about my own health! You should be proud of your achievements! Thank you again
I searched for help and tips through the Internet and found Jessica Sepel. This is seriously not exaggerated, but she was the reason why I have dared myself to eat again, to have snacks in between, to nourish my body. I could slowly improve my negative thoughts about my body image and my stupid anxiety of gaining weight. Besides, The Cleanest Gut was awesome too! A huge thank you! Especially from my mum. Seriously, without you I wouldn’t be where I am now!
Congratulations on your new book! It looks absolutely gorgeous. I’ve been following you on Instagram for a few years and you’ve inspired me to slowly but surely eat healthier without giving myself a hard time when I don’t. It made me so happy (and weirdly proud) to see the Daily Mail article on The Healthy Life. I remember trying out your recipes before you even had your eBook out! I can’t wait to get my hands on the book. Keep up the great work.
Cooking in this way truly brought out the foodie in me and has instilled a huge passion for health and wellness! Life throws you hard and frustrating things sometimes but I truly believe that this is where we learn more about ourselves and what our passions in life are! Thank you for inspiring me on my journey to health and wellness!
I am a yoga teacher in Johannesburg and am thrilled to have bought your book today. I love making healthy, nutritious food for my family, friends and fellow yogis! Thank you for this book and your inspiration (had to share a pic of my book on my recipe stand in the kitchen).
I bought your beautiful book during the week and told my bestie to go out and buy it also! I love love love it. It is the book I would give to my younger self if I could (I am 41 years old). Everything is just so sensible and informative and is definitely a book all teenagers should have. This should be a text book for girls becoming teens. I will love going back and re-reading it many many times and can't wait to make more of the recipes. Thank you Jess - you are an incredibly inspiring woman and you should feel so proud
My fiancé bought your book and we have cooked some of your meals. Amazing! I love your outlook on a healthy lifestyle and your hints and tips with preparing tasty meals are fantastic. Thanks for reviving us to live a healthier lifestyle and get our bodies wedding ready.
I want to empower you to make good choices, every day. I want you to enhance your understanding of health and nutrition. I'm committed to making sure you live the best life. Because you deserve it. Are you ready to start feeling great?
Let me know your email address so I can send you an eBook '7 Days on my plate' - a little gift from me to you!