In Australia it’s the end of the university semester, so I know many of you are about to start exams and for a lot of people this is a really stressful time where our healthy eating practices go out the window.
This doesn’t have to be the case! Remember that while your exams may be important now, healthy eating is always a priority when you look at the bigger picture.
Here are the easiest ways to ensure you stay healthy during exams:
1. Healthy Prep: You need to set aside 1 day or a few hours at the beginning of the week to stocking your fridge and pantry with healthy ingredients. You will thank yourself for this, as it will save you time having to make each meal as you go, or go and buy a meal (which becomes really expensive!). You can find more tips here: http://www.jessicasepel.com/health-lifestyle/weekly-prep-the-key-to-good-health/
2. Dedicate 30 minutes to movement, no matter what. This is not only good for your body but your mind too. Even if this means just a short yoga session in your living room. I do this often with doyogawithme.com or go on a short brisk walk after dinner.
3. Take a break every 45-60 minutes for a breathing session. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for 5 mins or put your legs up against the wall for ten minutes
4. Ensure to snack on healthy food: Prepare some protein bliss balls so you have something to go to in the fridge. Other good options include sliced up veggies with hummus/tahini, raw nuts, berries, homemade granola, greek yoghurt with cinnamon and if you must have chocolate, go for as dark as possible!
5. Eat protein with each meal to keep you energised and focused – protein sources include fish, chicken, meat, eggs, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, tempeh – don’t miss out on protein!
6. Ensure you sleep fo 8 hours, NO MATTER WHAT. Try and switch technology off at an appropriate time. For me, I switch all technology off by 8pm
7. Enter the stress free zone for some time in your day. Stress will only distract you from you work and make you feel even more exhausted. Write down a list of what you need to do, prioritise, and then take a step back from it all. I promise you’ll return feeling even more energised and ready to work.
I want to empower you to make good choices, every day. I want you to enhance your understanding of health and nutrition. I'm committed to making sure you live the best life. Because you deserve it. Are you ready to start feeling great?
Let me know your email address so I can send you an eBook '7 Days on my plate' - a little gift from me to you!